Family Mission Statement

"The Mission of the Anderson Family is to become and do all things necessary to be exalted as a family. To prepare for heaven, we will create a 'heaven on earth' by maintaining: A home where the spirit dwells, a home of LOVE, a home of FAITH, a home of ORDER, a home of LEARNING, a home of HEALTH, a home of WORK, and a home of PLAY-- where we are united in our obedience to God and enjoy true happiness."

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

My Packer Boy

The year Packer was born was one of my hardest years ever!
He was my third child and Donny was gone a lot and I struggled.
At least Heavenly Father sent me an angel baby.
His middle name is Donald, after his father,
and they are similar in nature.
They are both kind-hearted and generous.
I have always had a special love for Packer and 
he has been such a great helper to me- 
he is aware of other people's needs and jumps in to help.

He has been so down lately- always in trouble, unwilling to help.
Essentially, he didn't have the spirit with him much.
I have been so worried about him and he is only 8!
After listening to General Conference this month,
one of the speakers commented about the power of a mother's prayer.
I realized I could pray a lot harder for him.
(I even put his name on the prayer roll in the temple)
I can almost SEE a protectiveness around him...
 turning and softening him as a result of PRAYER.
He is more submissive.


I also feel like Heavenly Father has given me ideas on 
ways I can be more effective in nurturing this little plant of mine!
One of the biggest changes was increasing his responsibilities.
(Responsibility increases maturity)
I believe he was wasting his time in idle things because he didn't have enough work.
He is now working more by my side- cooking, cleaning, folding laundry, etc.
and it duals as great one-on-one time.



1 comment:

Sophie Weber said...

Ahh! Yes I loved that talk too.. I think President Packer.. It had me thinking it all conference. That is awesome you can see the difference. I fallowed your example and added to my list at the temple this week. Thanks Moll!
Oh, and We Love that Packer Boy!! He is one of Lucas's favorite to say, Sadie, Packer and Benson :) He gets excited to hear any of those names.