Family Mission Statement

"The Mission of the Anderson Family is to become and do all things necessary to be exalted as a family. To prepare for heaven, we will create a 'heaven on earth' by maintaining: A home where the spirit dwells, a home of LOVE, a home of FAITH, a home of ORDER, a home of LEARNING, a home of HEALTH, a home of WORK, and a home of PLAY-- where we are united in our obedience to God and enjoy true happiness."

Friday, January 25, 2013

New Years Resolutions and Relationships

I am so focused on goals and accomplishing things, 
but often at the expense of relationships.

My friend emailed me a wise letter about making 
New Year's Resolutions that will strengthen RELATIONSHIPS,
not just goals for more efficiency in accomplishing tasks.
So, we met as a family and evaluated the strength of each relationship,
using this diagram as a way to represent the different connections.
This helped us to see who we could focus more on loving and serving.
The goal being to have solid lines connecting everyone.
(I remembered my sister, Haley, doing this for a college class)

Lately, I ask myself during each task I am doing,
"Is this strengthening or weakening a relationship?"
If I am neglecting someone's needs/wants,
I try to motivate myself to put the task aside and strengthen the relationship instead.
Like my mom always says, 
"PEOPLE 1st, THINGS 2nd."

No comments: