Family Mission Statement

"The Mission of the Anderson Family is to become and do all things necessary to be exalted as a family. To prepare for heaven, we will create a 'heaven on earth' by maintaining: A home where the spirit dwells, a home of LOVE, a home of FAITH, a home of ORDER, a home of LEARNING, a home of HEALTH, a home of WORK, and a home of PLAY-- where we are united in our obedience to God and enjoy true happiness."

Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer Earnings

So, I tried to tell myself that I was going to relax-
and really let the kids have a summer vacation.
But...
It's in my nature to drive myself and everyone around me to excellence.
So, 
Here's our summer earnings:
When they have their housework done, they have me check it off 
and I hand them a breakfast ticket.
When they have a piano song perfected,
(or the younger kids memorize/sing a primary song)
they pass it off to me and I hand them a lunch ticket.
And so on... 
They each have their own box garden and an area around the house 
that has to be weed perfect and passed off by dad for dinner.

The best part is scripture study.
During the day, we each read the same chapter from the Book of Mormon on our own.
I have made up "search" questions for each verse
and I print them out each day- they complete it like homework-
that earns them their evening fruit/protein snack.
(just like the iron rod "word of God" led Nephi to the "fruit" on the tree)
We then eat our snack and read through our answers.
It has led us to the most awesome discussions-
Donny and I get into "teacher" mode and the spirit has testified 
of the truth of the Book of Mormon to each of their hearts each day.

Feel free to use our same questions to help you
with your own individual or family scripture study.



1 comment:

Allison said...

This is a clever way to keep your kids' minds and hands working over the summer. I love it!