Family Mission Statement

"The Mission of the Anderson Family is to become and do all things necessary to be exalted as a family. To prepare for heaven, we will create a 'heaven on earth' by maintaining: A home where the spirit dwells, a home of LOVE, a home of FAITH, a home of ORDER, a home of LEARNING, a home of HEALTH, a home of WORK, and a home of PLAY-- where we are united in our obedience to God and enjoy true happiness."

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"All I want for dinner is You"

After spending so much time experimenting with all sorts of whole foods,
I realize my kids need my time and focus more than they need perfect nutrition.
I have to simplify and delegate some of the food preparation,
or purposely neglect in order to have more time to spend with them.
Here's some pictures from the last few months' obsession:


We call Hunter the "Healthy Machine"
He loves eating healthy and being a nutrition policeman in our home.

Hunter and Packer help me grind grains in my new grinder.
Hunter even went to a class with me this weekend at Kitchen Kneads.

We had a family night where we borrowed a bunch of blenders
and tested them all to see which one made the best green smoothies.
Our hand-me-down one from the neigbors won.
(Kitchen-Aid)

Benson has been having a grand time matching lids to pots.



Benson likes to be near mom,
so the kitchen has been the place to hang out.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Wow, check out that grinder! That thing is huge. Do you use it a lot or just do a big batch here and there?

Benson's bowl stacking is cute. I like that he saved the red bowl for the top! ;)

Allison said...

You're such a great mom, Mollie. I love how healthy you all are!