Family Mission Statement

"The Mission of the Anderson Family is to become and do all things necessary to be exalted as a family. To prepare for heaven, we will create a 'heaven on earth' by maintaining: A home where the spirit dwells, a home of LOVE, a home of FAITH, a home of ORDER, a home of LEARNING, a home of HEALTH, a home of WORK, and a home of PLAY-- where we are united in our obedience to God and enjoy true happiness."

Friday, September 26, 2014

Perfection

"PERFECTION is HANDLING IMPERFECT PEOPLE PERFECTLY."
I have such high expectations for myself and everyone around me, so I am constantly dissappointed.
Elder Uchtdorf's recent talk about being GRATEFUL in ANY circumstance 
has helped me realize that I can be happy even when things aren't going smoothly,
which I have come to notice is hardly ever!
People (including myself) constantly mess up.
Circumstances are hardly ever perfectly efficient and ideal.
The test isn't whether I can make everything run perfectly,
but if I can PERFECTLY HANDLE all the people and circumstances that don't go smoothly.
(My mom is phenominal at this!)
What a discovery this is for me!  I love things to be perfectly clean, orderly, etc.
But can I love the people around me as I strive to maintain order?
YES!
My temple sealer's advice (Bishop Edgley) was: 
"to be flexible, adaptable, and LONG in patience."

No comments: