Family Mission Statement

"The Mission of the Anderson Family is to become and do all things necessary to be exalted as a family. To prepare for heaven, we will create a 'heaven on earth' by maintaining: A home where the spirit dwells, a home of LOVE, a home of FAITH, a home of ORDER, a home of LEARNING, a home of HEALTH, a home of WORK, and a home of PLAY-- where we are united in our obedience to God and enjoy true happiness."

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Goals and Roles

I am such a "To-Do List" person.  Lately I have been asking myself if each thing I do is really helping me in my roles.  So, I set goals this week in each role, then created my to do list from those goals.
I have really liked the analyzing of this.

Here's my goals in my role as a mother:
1- Love my children
2- Nurture their bodies and spirits
3- Teach them to love and serve each other

Do you know that the hardest thing for me is #1= Loving them?
I have noticed that I don't feel love when they are not obeying.
I have been pray for love WHEN they aren't obeying- that doesn't come naturally.
I  have also noticed how often I do not listen to them because I am doing something on my "to do" list.
I need to check my projects and programs to make sure they don't get in the way of loving people.


NURTURING THEIR BODIES
(I learned to let them eat fruits and vegetables freely-
just like Adam and Eve could eat in the garden of Eden)


NURTURING THEIR SPIRITS
(We took them to the Brigham City Temple Open House
and then the older ones went with my mom and Sophie and Andrew
 to the temple dedication)

LOVE AND SERVE EACH OTHER
(This was a cute moment on a neighborhood walk)


2 comments:

Haley and Mitch said...

You are such a good mom, Mollie. My only "to do" is to be more like Mollie!

Unknown said...

That's some impressive produce from your garden. I like that you let your kiddos enjoy as much as they can eat- a good habit to get into early in life :)