Family Mission Statement

"The Mission of the Anderson Family is to become and do all things necessary to be exalted as a family. To prepare for heaven, we will create a 'heaven on earth' by maintaining: A home where the spirit dwells, a home of LOVE, a home of FAITH, a home of ORDER, a home of LEARNING, a home of HEALTH, a home of WORK, and a home of PLAY-- where we are united in our obedience to God and enjoy true happiness."

Saturday, June 11, 2011

PLAY YOUR POSITION

After watching Sadie play soccer this year,
 I found myself continually reminding her to play her position.
She was getting worn out running the whole field,
trying to play everyone's position.
I realized I needed that lesson in my life as well.
I was getting run down playing too many positions- 
Care giver of our 94-year-old grandma and a new born and everyone in-between.
After studying the Proclamation on the Family, my patriarchal blessing, 
and Julie Beck's talk- "Mother's Who Know"
I came up with a mission statement with my positions in mind:



MOLLIE’S PERSONAL MISSION STATEMENT
Individual:  Temperate & Diligent in all things; Clean & Positive in my thoughts & actions.
Wife: True as we bear all things together; Faithful as we rely on the Lord; Generous as I put his needs first.
Mother (Caregiver): Nurture by creating & maintaining healthy bodies, clean clothes, an orderly house, regular worship, & wholesome fun.
Mother (teacher): Rear in righteousness by being Calm as I teach them to Love; Patient as I train them to be self-reliant so they can serve.
Daughter/grand-daughter: Humble as I seek & follow their counsel; Grateful for their generosity by being generous back.
Sister/aunt: Generous by sharing abundance; Humble by refraining from judgment; Wise by living and sharing light & truth.
Neighbor: Respectful & Kind by being aware of their needs & providing service.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Mollie, I listened to a wonderful series of lectures called "How to hug a teenage porcupine". He talked about playing your position and how we are part of a team with our Heavenly Father and we aren't required to play all of the positions. It was really good. Cindy

Haley and Mitch said...

Mollie you truly amaze me. You have to be the most diligent and accomplished mother I have ever even heard about. You are outstanding!

The Schofields said...

Mollie, you are wonderful! Thanks for the ideas of writing my own 'position' plan! I hope all is well with you and your little family, sure looks like you're having a wonderful time in Millville. Although we miss Cache Valley terribly, we are adjusting to the new way of life here, and doing fine! OUr baby #5 (boy) will be here in September, and we're excited!